About Suki Yip
- My core approach is Person-centred.
However, from an integrative perspective, my choice of therapeutic interventions derive from the conceptualisation of the problem.
- That choice is made by relating the intervention directly to the nature or character of the problem being addressed.
- My toolbox comprises of many techniques and I use whatever fits my client best.
- My aim is to support my clients as they explore who they are and help them to discover the influences that shape their unique view of the world.
- My motivations are geared towards fulfilment and helping people towards achieving theirs.
- I’m always respectful of the privacy of clients, preserving the confidentiality of information acquired whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Together, we will create a safe space to explore whatever it is that’s concerning you and make the impossible possible.
How I work
-Building a relationship of trust and respect with clients.
-Agreeing a "counselling contract" to establish what will be covered in sessions.
-Encouraging clients to talk about the feelings that have made them seek counselling.
-Listening carefully, ask questions and clarify my understanding of the client’s situation.
-Empathising with the client’s issues, but challenge them when necessary.
-Helping clients to see things more clearly or from different perspectives.
-Referring clients to other sources of help if appropriate.
-Attending regular supervision and counselling sessions.
-Keeping confidential records.
-Attending continuing professional development courses/workshops/reading.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have over 12 years of professional experience with both children and adults.
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in CBT and Counselling Supervision.
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (level 2)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory (level 3)
Workshops/Training Courses Include:
- Awareness on rape & sexual abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Awareness on self injury/self harm
- Awareness on Mental health/OCD/PTSD
- Inner child
- Counsellors & the Law
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Child Protection/Child Abuse
- Gay/lesbian and Bi-sexual
- Awareness on Domestic Violence & Sexual Abuse
- Teenage Partner Abuse
- Domestic Violence, Children & young people level 1 & 2
- FGM Female Genital Mutilation
- £60 for a 50 minute counselling session.
- Supervision fees £50 per 60 minute session.
- I offer concessions to tailor to your individual needs e.g. students, unemployed, debt etc.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding prices and I will do my very best to ensure your needs are met.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Disorder
- Physical Abuse
- Relationship Problems
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic Therapies
- Person-Centred Therapy
- Psychoanalytical Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Write a Review of Sky Counselling & Supervision
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.