About Ms. Chhaya Shah
- I work relationally with clients, in order that they can get their voice heard, and I believe that (by booking a session with me) this is their time and their space to be themselves, even if this means getting to know who they are in today’s world.
- I am an accredited counsellor offering empowering talking therapies in Gujarati and English in a private practice by phone, Skype and face to face in West London.
- I offer Psychotherapy, Clinical Supervision, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TFCBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Life Coaching.
- I have 15 years experience as a Complementary Therapist and Lecturer and therefore have a sound understanding of pathology, including working with cancer patients and their families and the grieving process as well as other long term health conditions.
- I sometimes use creative mediums such as Play Therapy, in order to work experientially when clients cannot find the words to express themselves.
My Therapy & Approach
- I am highly experienced in working with ethnic minorities and regularly offers sessions in Gujarati.
- I have a keen interest in working with clients affected by trauma, particularly post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of domestic violence, sexual assault including childhood sexual abuse, bullying, phobias, forced marriages, FGM, fleeing war and terrorism, asylum and immigration issues.
- I have written reports for court hearings and attended court as an expert witness.
- I work integratively and collaboratively with clients to help them understand how the mind and body affect each other, using a holistic approach.
- I can help clients work through traumatic experiences without having to verbalise events, if they are too overwhelming.
- My approach includes using TF-CBT, EMDR, EFT, Rewind Technique and Mindfulness in order to reduce distress, panic, anxiety and depression. I offers a positive psychological approach by motivating clients to make emotional and behavioural changes in order to build up self esteem and improve their mood.
- Relationships between two or more individuals can be very stressful and can impact work/life balance.
- I believe that all relationships include working collaboratively and compassionately as a team and this includes helping clients to build a relationship with themselves.
- I help clients navigate their way through their difficult journey, offering hope along the way.
- I offer clinical supervision in English and Gujarati to trainee and qualified counsellors of different modalities by Skype, telephone or face to face.
- I supervise complementary therapy practitioners and psychotherapists in group and individual settings working with their preferred models, whilst sharing insight of my own.
- This helps me to continue my journey by learning from others.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have worked as a therapist since 2001 including working in the charity sector.
- I specialise in working with significant trauma and have worked with many ethnic minority clients dealing with race, culture and abuse.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Practitioner
- Integrative Therapeutic Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- Integrative Clinical Supervisor
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner
- Rewind Technique Practitioner
- Life Coach
- Lecturer and Facilitator
Who I work with
- young people
Conditions I help with
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- domestic violence
- sexual abuse
- social anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsion Disorder (OCD)
- goal setting
- I am available on weekdays from 10am to 9pm.
- I offer treatments in English and Gujarati.
- I specialise in working with trauma.
- Please contact me using my mobile or email.
- If I am not available to respond straight away, please leave me a message and I will get back to you.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Working in English and Gujarati
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Back Pain Treatment
- Lymphoedema Treatment
- MLD-Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Repetitive Strain Injury Treatment
- Sports Therapy
- STT-Soft Tissue Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Usui Reiki
- Foot Reflexology
- Hand Reflexology
- Maternity Reflexology
- Anger Management
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Couple Relationships
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- (Psychological) Online Talk Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- EFT (MTT) Tapping
- Life Coaching (Complementary) Integrated Energy Therapy (IET)
- Crystal Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Remedial Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Pregnancy Massage
- Corporate Massage
- Natural Face Lift
- Ear Candling
- Ear Candling: £80/session
- EFT (MTT) Tapping: £80/session
- Integrated Energy Therapy (IET): £80/session
- Reiki: £80/session
- Acupressure: £80/session
- Pregnancy Massage: £80/session
- Deep Tissue Massage: £80/session
- Sports Massage: £80/session
- Reflexology: £80/session
- Remedial Massage: £80/session
- Craniosacral Therapy: £80/session
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £80/session
- Counselling: £80/session
- EMDR: £80/session
- Psychotherapy: £80/session
- Natural Face Lift: £80/session
- Crystal Therapy: £90/session
- Supervision: £80/session
- Online Counselling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, etc.: £80/session
- Life Coaching: £80/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Sessions are for 50 mins.
Relationship Counselling and Family Counselling is for a minimum of 90 mins and costs £160
Write a Review of Feeling Empowered Therapies
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.