About Carolyn Potter at Crowthorne Hypnotherapy
- It occured to me some time ago that if you want to go see a hypnotherapist, you can read all there is to read, but nothing beats seeing them face to face. So I prepared a video so that you, the prospective clients can get a look at what I am like before you come to see me. Then if you feel comfortable with what you see, you can read about the various ways in which I can help you.
- If you would like to visit my website it can be found at www.carolynpotter.co.uk
How I can help you
- Basically I am a caring and experienced Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist. In simple terms that means I can help you change your thinking patterns so that you feel better about yourself and your problems, and I also help you to make changes to your self destructive behaviours and the way you act. This means that if you are struggling with stress, low confidence levels or self esteem problems, depression, or eating problems, I can help you to overcome these. And when you feel better about these types of things, you act differently.
- I can also help you to overcome phobias, stop smoking, sleep better, and come to terms with long standing health problems.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure which is said to be the cause of over 20% of all deaths worldwide, I can help you to lower and control your blood pressure naturally, using hypnotic techniques.
- I am also a Certified HypnoBirthing practitioner in the Mongan Method. If you are pregnant I can help you and your partner to have a comfortable labour, where you will feel really positive about the labour, and birth, and some Mum’s even report having completely pain free labours. To achieve this, you would take part in a series of classes which last for 12 hours in total, and learn all sorts of relaxation and coping techniques together with a fear release exercise. These classes can be taken in a group setting or even in the comfort of your own home.
You can follow me on Twitter on @CrowthorneHypno
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I trained with Donald Robertson who is an expert in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy and has written widely on the subject, in the UK College of Hypnotherapy. I hold a Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, and also a HPD awarded by NCFE which is nationally accredited.
- I am a member of the GHR, and I am a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy at Accredited level (which means that I am highly experienced), in addition to being a fully accredited HypnoBirthing practitioner. (HBCE) I am also a practitioner of HypnoFertility and Hypnotension practitioner
- I have been working as a therapist now since 2006 and in that time have seen and treated a wide range of conditions and problems. Over that period I have committed significant amounts of time to extend my expertise by attending further training courses in various specialisms.
- My greatest depth of experience is in the provision of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy to individuals in helping them to improve their confidence and self esteem and deal with social anxiety issues. This can extend to dealing with issues such as phobias
, fear of spiders, fear of flying etc.
- Also from time to time I do group session work for Bracknell Forest Borough Council in their children’s centres, delivering courses to parents on ’Coping under Pressure’ and How to improve your self esteem’.
- My other specialism is in the area of Childbirth through HypnoBirthing, and I provide antenatal classes to expectant parents to enable them to dispel the fear of childbirth and have a comfortable and relaxed birth.
- However, due to the length of time that I have been in practice, I do have a wide range of experience and here are some of the issues that I have dealt with sucessfully over the years:
-Weight loss, both with and without the Hypnotic Gastric Band
-ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
-Fears of all kinds
-Nail biting and thumb sucking
-emitaphobia-fear of being sick
-Visualisations for recovering cancer patients
This list is not exhaustive , it just gives an indication of what it is possible to sucessfully treat. If you have an issue not listed above then please do get in touch and I can discuss it with you.
- I am also a Reiki Master and Teacher.
Where I work
- I work from my home in Crowthorne in a room specifically used for that purpose. This has the advantage that I can be available most days of the week, and am not limited to "clinic hours".
There is ample parking on the street outside and public transport links are available closeby. Crwothorne Station approx 1mile, and local bus stops to Bracknell and Camberly only 3 to 5 minutes walk away.