About Teresa Townsend
- I regard the Person-Centred approach as central to my way of working and being.
- I endeavour to remain true to the core philosophy and spirit of Carl Rogers in seeing each person I work with as a unique individual.
- My aim is to facilitate and accompany my clients in their journey towards healing, insight and wholeness.
- The aim of my Counselling is to provide an opportunity for you to work towards living in a more satisfying and resourceful way.
- In my Counselling the right of the client to make his or her own decisions is respected.
I offering Counselling for many issues including:
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Child related issues
- Low self esteem/confidence
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Work related issues
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Diploma in Counselling (Middx University 1996)
- Diploma in Supervision (Cascade 2006)
- EMDR Certificate Level 11
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Critical Incident Processing and Recovery Practioners Licence (2004 ICAS)
- Member of BACP (APSCC and AUCC)
- member of BAPCA
- Member of EMDR Association
- I have worked in a variety of settings including Education, Employee Assistance Programes and Critical Incidents.
- I moved from my twelve year role as Head of Counselling and Student Welfare Officer in a Further Education College.
- I have been a member of Cranfield University Student Counselling Team for the last six years.
- I have worked as a Counselling Supervisor at a Young Persons Centre, supervising both social workers and counsellors.
- I have been a Supervisor to Victim Support staff who support victims of domestic violence and serious crime.
- As a Supervisor I also supervise qualified and trainee counsellors, managers of Counselling Organisations and Young Peoples Centres and with those working in the helping professions.
- I’m an Associate Counsellor with a leading international Employee Assistance Programme provider and work with victims of critical incidents, crime and trauma.
- I am also a fully trained EMDR Practioner and Cognitive Behavioual Therapist.
- I work with individuals, young people, couples, teenagers, parents, groups and organisations.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a form of therapy which works by challenging our automatic negative thoughts.
- These thoughts can often be present without our conscious awareness and can become a habitual mode of thinking.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a highly effective method of normalising trauma.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
Write a Review of Making The Difference
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.