- Elaine Iljon Foreman BA (Hons), M.Sc., AFBPsS, is a Consultant Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in the treatment of fear of flying and other anxiety related problems.
- She is Chartered with the British Psychological Society, an HPC Registered Practitioner and is BABCP and UKCP accredited.
- She holds an Honours Degree from Durham University, a Master’s Degree from Aberdeen University , and is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
- Her highly specialised treatment programme is based on over 30 years of clinical experience, and her ongoing research and development of cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Elaine’s many interviews on radio and T.V. programmes, along with her research results have been presented on an international platform.
- Research into the treatment of anxiety has been undertaken at Middlesex Hospital Medical School and invitations to present her findings have taken her to Europe, the Americas, Australia and the Far East.
- Lectures and workshops are given both nationally and internationally on an ongoing basis to professional and self help audiences.
- Her professional views are regularly sought by TV and Radio in recognition of her 25 years of clinical research into anxieties and phobias.
- Elaine has published extensively in her specialist field.
My training, work experience and any achievement
-Dr Elaine Iljon Foreman, BA (Hons), MSc, AFBPsS
-Chartered Clinical Psychologist, HCPC Registered Practioner Psychologist
-Honours Degree from Durham University 1976
-Master’s Degree from Aberdeen University 1980
-British Psychological Society (BPS)
-British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy
-Chartered Institute of Marketing Travel Interest Group
-British Travel Health Association
-Institute of Travel and Tourism
- Having qualified at Aberdeen University in 1980, I have practiced as a Clinical Psychologist for over 30 years in both the public and independent sectors. I established Freedom to Fly in 1989 which has grown through corporate referrals and individuals seeking help. I am now expanding and targeting the ‘well being’ market. Given my extensive clinical experience and research, my CBT based psychological therapy is normally very successful within a short period, making it highly cost effective.
- As a fully trained Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in the treatment of fear of flying and other anxiety related problems, I have developed a specialised treatment programme based on over 30 years of clinical experience and continued professional development in cognitive behaviour therapy.
- I am a practitioner member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP) and a registered Practitioner Psychologist with the HCPC.
I have expert knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Catastrophic thinking
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
Research into the treatment of anxiety, ongoing since my time at Middlesex Hospital Medical School in 1976, has created many invitations to present my findings in Europe, the Americas, Australia and the Far East. Lectures and workshops are given both nationally and internationally on an ongoing basis to professional and self help audiences along with regular TV and radio interviews. The most recent radio interview was BBC Radio 5Live on the 12 February 2013. I have published extensively and I am first author of the 3 Dummies series books: Overcoming Anxiety, Overcoming Depression and the Anxiety and Depression Workbook.
I have worked with a variety of cases, including those of high complexity. I have a keen interest in the ’well being’ area and consequently pursue training, reading and research around this subject. By attending regular training sessions and seminars this allows me to further develop my knowledge and individually tailor each programme developed uniquely for every patient. I work closely with other specialist teams when required, to support their interventions.
- I receive referrals of people who have not succeeded on other fear of flying courses and have a proven track record of success in this area. Over recent years I have had the opportunity to work with the Women’s Institute, The University of the 3rd Age and library groups.
- In conclusion I am keen to provide clinically effective treatment within the boundaries of the commercial environment.
-Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Specialist, Director of Freedom to Fly, 1989 to date
-NHS: IAPT Back on Track Psychological Therapies Service, Hammersmith and Fulham and IAPT, Isleworth and Hounslow, London, Jan 2010 to July 2012
-Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Specialist, Oct 2010 to March 2011
-Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Specialist, Feb 2002 to Aug 2008
-Head of Adult Psychology, Hillingdon Hospital, 1992 to 2002
-Community Clinical Psychologist Avenue House CMHRC, Ealing Health Authority, 1987 to 1992
-Senior Clinical Psychologist, Netherne Hospital, Coulsdon, Surrey, Sept 1985 to June 1987
-Locum Senior Psychologist, Sutton Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, May 1985 to Aug 1985
-Psychologist, Bexley and Maidstone Hospitals, Kent, Nov 1984 to May 1985
-Psychologist, Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen, May 1984 to Oct 1984
-Research Psychologist, Community Medicine Dept., Aberdeen University, Nov 1983 to April 1984
-Research Psychologist, Dept. of Mental Health, Aberdeen University, Sept 1981 to Oct 1983
Elaine is fab!
She really understands and properly listens to what you have to say. Her suggestions and coping devices were hugely valuable and I would highly recommend her to anyone suffering with anxiety and depression.
Write a Review of Chartered Clinical Psychologist
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
SEND Chartered Clinical Psychologist AN EMAIL ENQUIRY