About Cecilia Spencer
- I work privately as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in London and East Sussex with both adults and young adults, offering one to one and couple therapy.
- As your companion on your journey of self discovery I aim to provide a confidential, non-judgmental and safe space so that a trusting and supportive relationship can develop.
- During our initial, no obligation, consultation we will discuss what prompted you to seek therapy.
- We will explore what you would like to gain from therapy and I will suggest a possible way of working together which would be shaped by us in the following sessions. - You will get a chance to ask me questions and share any concerns.
- I have experience working with a wide range of personal issues with individuals from all walks of life.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- My work with adults has covered a wide range of issues, such as relationship problems, low self-esteem, anxiety, panic disorder, stress, loss, depression, anger management, abuse: sexual and emotional, trauma, bereavement, sexuality and gender issues, eating disorder and life crises.
- Gestalt Psychotherapy training at the GPTIM, Malta, and The Gestalt Centre, London
- Gestalt couple training with Joseph Zinker
- Bert Hellinger’s Family Constellation training with Dr Lidija Pecotic
- CBT training
- NLP training with John Seymour and trauma awareness training with Babette Rothchild.
- I am a European Certified Psychotherapist (ECP) with the European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP)
- I am a member of the UK Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (UKAHPP).
- I abide by the ethical guidelines set out by EAP Code of Ethics and Practice.
- I hold the European Certificate of Psychotherapy, having qualified as a psychotherapist in 2001.
- Prior to training as a therapist I ran my own company providing soft skills training for businesses in Malta.
- I also set up and organised The Health and Harmony International Festival in Malta, which took place annualy.
- My initial training was in Gestalt Psychotherapy which has a humanistic and existential base.
- The Gestalt method offers a powerful approach to learning and change through the understanding of one’s experience in the present.
- The entirety of the person – body, mind and spirit – is included in this focus.
- Psychotherapists and clients co-create experiments in awareness and new ways of contacting.
- I support clients to connect more vividly with the totality of their present experience and to identify deeply felt needs and harmful conflicts.
- I offer an approach to therapy which has integrated my training and experience and puts your needs and individuality first.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Online Talk Therapy
Write a Review of City Therapist
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.