About Samantha Hudson
I will start by taking a note of your presenting issues and asking you to fill in an assessment questionnaire, I may explore information I have received about you, such as a letter from your GP or Employee Assistance Programme. Then I will ask you to ‘tell your story’ and I will listen without judgement.
Confidentiality and note taking:
I will explain how I will protect your confidentiality and privacy. I will also tell you of any situations when I may be required to disclose information about you to the relevant authorities, for instance if you are at risk to yourself or others. I am also required by law to break confidentiality if you are involved in any of the following:
- Drug Trafficking
- Sexual Exploitation
During the first session, or at any time during your therapy, you can ask me anything you want to know about my qualifications and experience. You can also ask me about your therapy and question anything you don’t understand. I will do my upmost to help you.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Samantha J Hudson qualified as a PTSD Management Practitioner in 2012.
- She was formerly a Royal Military Police Officer in the British Army, a West Midlands Police Officer and an instructor within the Private Security Industry.
- During the course of her service she responded to traumatic incidents herself and encountered many victims.
- She found she was able to help the victims on their journey from the traumatic incident, often through a court process and then, with coming to terms with what had happened and gaining closure.
- Her clients include those with trauma from terrorist attacks, war, rape, sexual assault, child abuse, violent assaults and road traffic collisions. She also has experience with clients who have issues with drug addiction, alcoholism
, co - dependency, coercive control, domestic violence, divorce, stalking, homicide and suicide.
- Working closely with Law Enforcement Officers, First responders & Armed Forces Personnel from both the UK & US, she has established an excellent reputation for making her clients feel at ease which encourages them to talk about their traumatic experience and the changes they wish to make in their lives.
- Author & Training Provider of CPD Accredited
- Post Traumatic Stress Awareness for Employers of Veterans
- Post Traumatic Stress Awareness for Law Enforcement Officers & First Responders & Suicide Awareness for Law Enforcement Officers & First Responders
- Advanced Corporate Stress Management
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Post Traumatic Stress Management
- Anger & Aggression Management
- Transactional Analysis in Relationships
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- City & Guilds in Conflict Management
- Information Commissions Office Membership Number ZA192088